Sunday, November 25, 2007

Eli's Lousy Day

Vikings 41, Giants 17. What more is there to say? Eli Manning was picked off four times, three of which were returned for touchdowns. And I was in the wrong place for all of them. Why? I'm glad you asked...

When shooting a game alone, I always try to position myself on the Giants' offensive side of the ball. This way, when (if) the Giants score, they'll generally be coming right at me. Sounds like a good enough plan, but when there's a big interception, there's really nothing I can do. I can only watch helplessly as the play goes away from me, like this one, the first interception by Darren Sharper (42) that resulted in a TD.



I suppose after the second pick-six I could've switched sides and attempted to show the Giants' (and particularly Eli's) ineptitude, but I opted to try for something positive, and got burned. Besides, what's that old adage? Had I moved to the other side, the Giants would finally have started to play well, and I'd have missed that too. Like I said, I was shooting alone and it's a big field. Sometimes the plays come at me, and sometimes they don't. Not really much I can do about it.

So, failing to get any of the big Vikings plays, I basically stayed attached to Eli for the entire fourth quarter, looking for reaction shots more than action shots. I came away with a collection of images that perfectly described Eli's day, so even though I didn't have the big plays, I did end up with some pretty good story-telling shots. Here they are. Enjoy.



No comments: