Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Week in Sports

Some high school sports action from the past week. Enjoy!

Below is some state semifinal soccer in a dense fog (from Tuesday). I absolutely love it when the weather plays a role in my sports photography... fog, rain, snow, whatever. When I can get a "now there's something you don't see every day" kind of response, it always makes shooting more fun, albeit a bit uncomfortable.



Next, (from today, Saturday) a fumble on the opening kickoff that pretty much set the tone in an otherwise boring 39-7 game. At least the team I was there to follow (the green team in the photo) was on the winning end...



My team also won my second game of the afternoon, a state championship girls soccer game that went into sudden-death (which the NJSIAA refers to as "sudden victory," what a load of hooey) double-overtime before finally being decided, roughly five minutes before it would have ended in a tie. I think ties are stupid, so I'm glad someone (and even more glad that it was the team I was there to cover) won. The girl prominent in the photo also happens to have scored both of the team's goals, too.



You can also check out a Friday night football video I did, here. I think I'm getting the hang of it, but I'd still much rather shoot stills if given the choice.

Alas, speaking of things I'd much rather do, I won't be shooting the high school football state championship games this year, as the powers that be are sending me to Orlando (yes, that Orlando) to shoot the 40-some-odd local Pop Warner cheer teams that will be competing in the national competition at Disney during the same weekend. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. Really. Can you tell?

No comments: