Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Night From Hell

Ever have one of those days? You know, the type of day that made you wish you'd called out sick or lived on another planet or been torn apart by a pack of wolves? Welcome to my night. It started on I-287 on my way to the basketball games.

I left at 4, the trip should've taken about an hour and in stead it took almost two. Yes, it was rush hour but there must've been an accident because no one was moving at all. Wonderful. Took me forty five minutes to go the last 10 miles.

So I finally get to the school about 15 minutes to game time. I set up my lights and get ready for the game when I discover ... I left my camera batteries in the battery charger. At home. Wonderful. Luckily, I keep a backup battery in my trunk. (It had been there for over two weeks, but surprisingly still had enough juice to shoot both games. I got lucky.)

Between games I worked on the pics from the first game. When I went to send them I discovered that there was no reception inside the gym. Wonderful. It took the entire first half of the second game to send just three photos from the first. I decided to just send the rest after the second game.

After the second game, I quickly worked on the images, but since everyone had left the building and reception inside was so poor, I decided to send them from my car. Only by the time I got to the car, my computer had crashed. And when I rebooted it, the pics from the second game were gone. Wonderful. I still had them on the compact flashcard, but now in stead of working on them at a desk in the school, I had to work on them in the front seat of my car.

I did what I needed to do, and by 10:30, all the photos were sent. A little late, but just under my deadline for an 8:00 game. But the worst part of the night was, yet again, I didn't get anything I liked. I've now shot an entire basketball season and I'm still waiting for my first good shot. Here are the best pics from my crappy shoot...





I guess I'd still rather have the night I had than the night he had...

Until next time, thanks for stopping by...

No comments: