Friday, May 25, 2007

Nikon, Respect, and a Photo

So tonight I listened to the Mets lose to Atlanta, again, and between innings there was a commercial for Nikon and their "Picturetown" project. "Anyone can start taking amazing digital pictures the minute you hand them the ... Nikon D40. To prove it, we gave 200 to the people of Georgetown, SC. What happened next was extraordinary."

Anyone, eh? So I guess I should just buy a D40, sit back, and watch my awards roll in. Screw you, Nikon. I suppose the right pots and pans can turn anyone into Emeril Lagasse, or the right Louisville Slugger can turn anyone into Albert Pujols. Right.

I had nothing against Nikon until this ad campaign. Now I'm glad I shoot Canon. What an insult this is to professional photographers everywhere, especially those that forked over tens of thousands of dollars to Nikon, only to be slapped in the face by some ad exec who's probably never taken a photo in his life.

In other news, I shot a college graduation tonight, just as the sun was setting at twilight, so the light was awesome. This is my favorite image from the night. Let's see those Nikon D40 test subjects use light like this.

No comments: