Saturday, July 21, 2007

If I Look Confused...

...it's because I am. Video. Not my style. I shot video of the Shore 44 Classic (the Monmouth and Ocean County high school graduated seniors' all-star game) and man was I jealous of the still shooters. The light was perfect for the entire first half. Interesting shadows and a nice orange glow everywhere! But because I was shooting video, a player could go into the light and out of the light on the same play, and it looked like crap. What a great game, too, with Ocean upsetting Monmouth by the score of 11-10. Anyway, my video isn't online yet because of technical issues with the computers back at the office - I gave up around 3:25am. Scared the crap outta the security guard, too. Hopefully in the next few days the video will find its way online, at which time I'll link you. It's a real shame. This is the one game a year where the light is really, really, really nice. During the fall, the night games are obviously played in the dark, and the day games are directly under the sun. Did I mention this light was nice? 6:30pm in the Summer is just beautiful. Ah well, maybe next year. Anyway, it's now quarter-after-four in the morning and my first shoot tomorrow (well, today) is at 10am so I'm gonna go get as much shut-eye as I can.

Photo by Andrew Ong/Asbury Park Press
Man do I need to shave!

No comments: