Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Athletes

My first job this morning was to shoot the Asbury Park High School football team during practice. When I got there, however, the coach had no idea I was coming, and had concerns that I would disrupt his practice. So I spent 10 minutes shooting and made my speedy exit, so as not to make a nuisance of myself. I like this image best, shot during a water break.

Players on the Asbury Park High School football team take a water break during practice.


When I arrived at my second job, the plan (hatched by the reporter) was to "go outside and have her run for us." This girl will be competing in track and field events at the Special Olympics in China this October. Since I'm completely against setting up a photo and passing it off as a training session, I asked her coach when the next time an actual training session would be taking place. Turns out, she'll be training tomorrow, and it actually fits into my schedule to go shoot it. So part-B of this shoot will be tomorrow, and I'll post an image or two from that. We still did the portrait shoot today, and while I got plenty of shots of her looking into the camera and smiling, doing her best podium poses, these two more candid moments were the ones I was most pleased with.




No comments: