Saturday, December 01, 2007

Champions!

Shot a state championship football game tonight. I just love it when my teams (the teams I'm covering, I should say) win. So much better than having to shoot dejection... Here are a whole bunch of pics from tonight. The first game I wasn't shooting for work, but I arrived at the stadium early and decided to take some chances since I wasn't on the hook for these pics... I shot from up high for a lot of the game to see what it would look like. The first photo's of a pass that was caught at midfield and then run roughly 53 yards for a touchdown. The second one's a holding penalty... I think the flag looks pretty cool from this angle...




This one's just a fun one I shot of our reporter watching the game from the press box. I love that he's still got his hat on even though he's inside. It was actually quite warm in the press box, now that I think about it...



Then came my game, and it was a blowout. 46-13. So my photos ended up being less about the action than about the celebration. Here they are, in no particular order...





It was so cold tonight, that of the "REBELS" guys in the above photo, only "B" and "L" were still shirtless (below) by the end of the game. Now those guys are fans...



I shouldn't like this next image, because #21 ran right between me and the action, but for some reason, he doesn't bother me as much as I thought he would when it first happened...







One last thing, on an unrelated note. It's now the first of December, and that can mean only one thing: SportsShooter.com's monthly clip contest's winners were announced today. I'm proud to say that I placed. First place, as a matter of fact, in the sports action category. You can see the image here. Talk about a good "day at the office..."

Anyway, I'm beat... it is almost 2:30AM as I post this, so I'll say goodnight. Thanks for reading... Oh, and be sure to stay tuned, my next post will most likely be from Florida, where I'll be covering the roughly forty Shore area teams competing in the Pop Warner Cheer and Dance National Championships at the Wide World of Sports complex at Walt Disney World in Orlando.

Brad.

No comments: