Friday, December 21, 2007

Over Before it Even Began


Today I was looking forward to shooting a high school swim meet between Marlboro and Manalapan at the YMCA in Freehold. Unfortunately, due to a glitch in the scheduling system, neither team made arrangements to have officials in attendance. You see, each team was listed on its own schedule as being the "visiting" team, and since it's the home team's responsibility to procure the officiating crew for the meet, officials were never enlisted. It's a shame, too. I love shooting at this pool, especially during winter afternoons. This time of year, the sun, which is lower in the sky than it is the rest of the year, creates a really neat shaft of light through the skylight, glass doors, and into the pool. I love how this light reacts with the water, so I stuck around for a few minutes as Manalapan turned the cancelled meet into a team practice. Hopefully, I will be able to shoot at least once more at the Freehold Y during this season, so I can really work the light during competition.



No comments: