Friday, April 13, 2007

Finally, Some Sports...

The first week back at work following a vacation is always difficult to get through. But two of my jobs were high school sports, so that made it a bit easier. Boys lacrosse is fun to shoot. It's very fast, with lots of hitting and lots of scoring. That was the game I shot on Tuesday. Today, I shot a softball game. Man was it cold. My car's thermometer said it was 50 degrees, but it felt more like 35 because there was a strong, steady wind blowing the entire game. I also set up a remote for the softball game. That was pretty neat. (An image from the remote is below.) I'm gonna try to do that for all baseball/softball games this season, weather permitting.

Oh, by the way, you guys didn't try hard enough for me. (I say that tongue-in-cheek, since I know that nobody actually reads this.) I only finished second in the Asbury Park Press Battle of the Pet Photographers. A coworker of mine (who finished third) suggested that I demand a recount, but I'm not a sore loser. Besides, the photographer who won simply photographed a cuter pet.

Oh, last week I also received my first major photography award. I won first place in the Sports Action Photography category in the 2006 NJPA (www.njpa.org) Better Newspaper Contest for a high school football image I shot last season. That's always a good feeling. I also took second place in the SportsShooter monthly clip contest (news category) for a February storm photo. Hopefully, the first two of many...

My contest winners:









NJPA







SportsShooter




That's all for now. Now that I'm home and back in the swing of things, I'll try to write more often.

No comments: