Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fun With Birds!

My brother and my father have recently gone bird crazy, setting up bird feeders in their backyards to try and take photos of birds. So I figured 'why not?' and Staci, Evan and I did the same. As we were setting the feeder up in our front yard, we kept on getting harassed by this one bird, which systematically ran at us, and then once it had our attention, away from us.


It didn't take too long to figure out why. The bird has a nest right in front of our house, with four eggs in it! How exciting!


So we will definitely keep our eyes on that. I hope they don't leave once the eggs hatch. I'd like to try and photograph the chicks too.

____________________


Friday night I photographed the boys lacrosse Shore Conference Tournament championship game. It was a night game, so good photos were few and far between. Shooting at night is tough, especially on a high school field, where you'd be lucky to get 1/500th-sec at f2.8 and ISO 1600. Lucky. So I came out of it with this photo. It won't win any contests, but it was good enough.


Until they did this to it.


Look, if they're gonna do this, why not just choose another photo? In the caption they even claim the ball was knocked loose! Well, as you can see in the first photo, it was... But to a reader, how are they supposed to know? Sometimes I really wonder what people are thinking.

No comments: