Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Nothing to Show

The huge story here has been an out-of-control forest fire raging through the Pinelands in Ocean County. Unfortunately, I was assigned all the other stories. You know, the ones vacated by the photographers sent to shoot the fires. So here are two photos from my non-fire jobs. The first one was at Ocean County's 16th annual Law Enforcement Memorial Day. The other was a portrait of the New Jersey Student of the Year. (Student of the Year according to who, I can't tell you, but somebody did choose her as such.)



Anyway, that's all I've got for ya for now, but it can only go up from here, right?


____________________


In other news, yesterday (it's after midnight as I post this) was our third wedding anniversary. I surprised Staci by having my parents come over to watch Evan, and taking her out to a nice, adults-only dinner. It's the first time we've gone out, alone, since Evan was born. It was also, obviously, the first time we'd ever left Evan with "baby sitters," even though the sitters in question were only my parents. It was nice to get out, but the entire time we were gone all we could think about was how Evan was doing. No offense to my parents - they did a great job ... even put him to bed - but it's just something you never really understand until you become a parent. Dinner was wonderful, but we were very happy to get home, even though Evan was already sleeping. Just being here makes us feel better.

Later today, we're taking Evan for his first real photo shoot! Toys-R-Us chose him from a "look/see" we took him to for Babies-R-Us. We need to be there by 10am though, and that means driving in rush hour traffic, so I think that's it for me for tonight. I'll keep you posted on the results.

No comments: