Sunday, October 28, 2007

Breeders' Cup (Day 2)

Mud! Mud mixed with horse poop! And I was lying in it! Woo!

First though, yesterday I promised a photo of the tunnel leading to the photo workroom, so here it is...




Like I said, we're in the basement, out of sight from the rest of the world. I should have grabbed a shot of the press room the writers were in. Aside from the catering, they had a direct window to the paddock area... So, for a different angle, I took a shot from there...



Walk ten feet out of the writers' press room in the other direction, and you've got a perfect view of the track. This photo (taken from right outside the writers' press room) shows a line of photographers waiting for the "walkback" photo, which is literally when the winning horse walks back along the track and into the winner's circle. Notice where they're all standing. And I wore sneakers yesterday!!



Here are bunch more photos. (Hey, it's late and I'm tired. If you want or need more of an explanation than that, e-mail me or leave a comment here!)








And finally some shots from the final race of the day, the $5,000,000 Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge!







Hope you've enjoyed seeing the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. That's all for now. Goodnight.


No comments: