Monday, March 17, 2008

R.I.P. Wall Township Speedway

Wall Township Speedway, a local racetrack, has announced (here) that it will not reopen this spring, thus ending its long run of great racing and entertainment near the Jersey Shore. Although I will freely admit that I'm not particularly fond of auto racing, I will say that I am sad to see the place go. Everyone there always looked like they were having a great time, and during the day and into the evening the light there was just great to shoot in. The article on my paper's website had over 100 user comments, a few from people glad to see the track shut down, but the majority of which recounted memories from a wide variety of people, of all ages, from all over the country. It got me thinking about my memories at the track, and I put together 10 of my favs and posted them on my SportsShooter page. Lo and behold, the next day they'd spotlighted my gallery! Here's the SportsShooter front page, followed by a slideshow of the 10 images. Thanks for looking!




No comments: