Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Long Day

I know I didn't post anything yesterday, but I really didn't shoot anything terribly exciting.

Anyway, we left this morning around 8:30AM to take Evan into the city for another look-see, this time for The Children's Place. After battling through an hour and a half of rush hour traffic, the entire thing lasted ten minutes. It was over so quickly, in fact, that by the time I'd parked the car and made it up to the studio, Staci and Evan were already on their way out.

Once we got back to Jersey, we went straight to My Gym, a gym/play place for children. Evan loves it. They have swings and bouncy balls and a ball pit! So we spent 45 minutes there, then went to lunch. After lunch, Evan fell asleep, and I went to work.

My first job was to photograph a local photographer whose photos will be featured in a gallery show. Portrait jobs like these are really tough to do, since nothing's going on. I photographed him with some of his photographs, we talked a bit about photography, and I went to my second job.

Manalapan will be expanding their playing fields so I was sent to get generic photos of kids playing on the existing fields. I like this one, even though I'm pretty sure it won't run.



Then there was a really bad tanker truck fire on I-195 tonight. I was one of three Press photographers who covered it, but I was the farthest away when it happened, so by the time I got there, they'd blocked off most of the road, so I didn't really have great access. I did what I could.


So it was a long day. I'm gonna go relax now. Until next time...

No comments: