Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Portraits

My two jobs today were both portraits. A first-year high school track coach attempting to bring credibility to a track program that's never had any, and a grandmother with her granddaughter, for a Mother's Day story. Since the 2-year-old granddaughter wanted nothing to do with being photographed, my best photo from the day is this nice moment of the coach.



On another note, ever wonder how to get rid of a door-to-door cable salesman? No joke, he rang our doorbell after 8pm, just as we were headed upstairs to put Evan to bed! He was trying to sell us on Cablevision's Optimum Triple Play, and his first question was, "what does DirecTV offer you that we can't?" I answered, pretty quickly, "the NFL Network and Sunday Ticket." That shot him down real quickly, though it didn't really shut him up. He still made his pitch, but I could tell from his face that he knew there was no way he was making a sale. The funny thing is, we don't even subscribe to Sunday Ticket; I just knew that there was no way he could promise it to us since DirecTV is the only one authorized to offer it. The nerve of some people, to go door-to-door selling Cablevision after 8pm. He got from us exactly what he deserved. Nothing.

2 comments:

penneriii said...

You're nicer than I am... I would have just said no thanks and closed the door :)

Brad Penner said...

I wouldn't have even opened the door, but we were expecting a package and thought it was the UPS guy. Then Mocha ran out and started to bark at him and it was all over. Next time I won't be so nice... Unless it's a Verizon guy telling us that the fiber-optic lines they installed last year are now in operation. That I'd consider switching over to. :)