Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nice Light and Catching Up

You know what I don't get? Why a team, on any level, would purchase uniforms without numbers on the front. I dealt with that all day today, as I shot a middle school softball championship game in which one team had front numbers but the other didn't, and a youth soccer game in which neither team had front numbers, making identifications very tough. It's not like they're playing in the pros where a player could be identified by their face. All these middle school kids look the same!

So the aforementioned soccer match began at 6:30, making the light phenomenal. Some of the best light I've worked with all season. The game wasn't much in terms of action though. The team I was there to shoot was clearly dominant over the other. I feel bad for the inferior team in situations like this. It's no fun to be a kid and clearly outmatched.


Updating a story from a few days ago, remember the eggs that the bird laid in our front yard? Well, they're gone. And no, they didn't hatch. Someone or something must've been in the mood for an afternoon omelette. In fact, I must've noticed within hours of them being pilfered, because the bird kept returning to search for them. It would walk up, peck at the nest a few times, look around, then fly away... and repeat this every five minutes or so for the rest of the day. I haven't seen it since. The worst part is that I feel, in a way, responsible. We'd just put up a bird feeder not too far away, creating more air traffic than a busy day at O'Hare. I can't help but wonder if we called unnecessary attention to the area. That was Sunday, and here it's Wednesday and it's still bothering me. Nature's cruel.

On a lighter note, something funny happened yesterday. We stopped at Babies'R'Us to pick up a few things, and Evan and I waited in the car while Staci ran inside. Well while we were waiting, a woman dressed entirely in yellow (covered head to toe, as a matter of fact) walked by our car. Evan pointed and kept saying "Banana! Banana! Banana!" (Well okay, he didn't actually say "banana." His word for banana is a lot like his word for my brother, Alan, which is "Ah-Aah!" But that means banana. Trust me, it does.) I almost coughed up a lung I was laughing so hard. Then Evan took the cue from me and he also laughed uncontrollably. Made for a fun wait.

That's enough for now, I've wasted more than enough of your time. Until next time...

No comments: