Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

The day started with me burning breakfast in bed for Staci. Well, the pancakes came out as yummy as ever (if I do say so myself), but my eggs could use some work. Okay, a lot of work. Ah well, it's the thought that counts, right? :) I ended up eating burnt eggs for breakfast... I really didn't mind. :) After breakfast, we headed north for an absolutely wonderful day with the family. Evan was extremely cute, as usual. He danced for everybody whenever there was music on. Everybody loves Evan. How could they not? :) We had lunch at the very yummy Outback Steakhouse. All in all, it was a perfect Mother's Day. But don't take my word for it, even Staci said today was great, and that's what matters most. Happy mommies.

____________________


So I didn't post yesterday because it was such a long day, but here are some shots from my two jobs. The first one was a story about the cleanup of a local river. Nearby, these swans were just hanging out, completely oblivious to the fine people who gave up their Saturday morning to make the environment a little cleaner. I liked this shot better than any of the photos of the actual cleanup. Notice the trash built right into the nest. Go figure.


Then it was off to Monmouth Park, for the racetrack's opening day of the season. I got the typical track stuff first, but then tried to do different things with shadows, silhouettes, and unusual angles. These are just four of my favorites, though I think I turned in over 20 images to my editors. (Hey, they asked for a lot.)


That's all for now. Talk to ya soon...

No comments: